Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure heading to Switch in March
Posted on February 24, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Vector Unit is putting its racing game Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure on Switch, the studio has announced. A release is planned for March 17.
Here’s an overview of Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure, along with a trailer:
Match your kart racing skills against a rag-tag crew of rivals as you explore a mysterious island packed with ancient temples, dragon-infested castles, and post apocalyptic ice cream stands. Unlock and upgrade moon buggies, monster trucks and more. Collect and master over forty-five unique powerups in an epic race for the ultimate trophy.
Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure is an action-packed, mayhem-filled kart racer with split screen competition and game rule customization. Play any part of the game solo or with friends in split screen—from the story-driven Adventure mode to multi-event Championships, adrenaline-pumping Races, skill-mastering Drift Attacks and more.
Ready to go deeper? Craft your own custom game modes! Set your favorite configurations of powerups, race rules, lap counts and more, then save your rule set and play with up to 8 local players. Want a 10-lap Race with Bouncy Tires and Rocket Boost Powerups? You can do that. How about a Drift Attack with permanent Police Chase that you can play with 4 friends? No problemo. Maybe you want to test your racing skills with no powerups at all. That’s fine too. It’s your game, your rules.
Easy to pick up and play, yet challenging to master, Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure is a fast-paced quick-thinking driving action game that’s fun for all skill levels. With multiple game types, co-op/competitive local play, adjustable difficulty, and ridiculous customization options, this kart racer will entertain you and your friends and family for miles.
– ADVENTURE MODE. Explore a massive interactive map as you rise through the ranks of the Beach Buggy Racing League.
– JUMP IN AND PLAY. Collect trophies in multi-event Championships and tons of individual events including Race, Drift Attack, Firework Fury, and more.
– GAME CRAFTING. Customize your own ridiculous game rules (like silly powerups) and save them for insane battles with up to 8 local players.
– WEEKLY TOURNAMENTS. Compete with players around the world in leaderboard Tournaments with unique custom contests.
– THRILL-RIDE RACE TRACKS. Discover Egyptian pyramids, dragon-infested castles, pirate ship wrecks, and experimental alien bio-labs. 23 unique worlds, each packed with secrets and shortcuts.
– PACK YOUR GARAGE. Collect and customize over 40 unique cars including monster trucks, moon rovers, race cars, and of course beach buggies.
– BUILD YOUR TEAM. Recruit a crew of 13 drivers, skeletons, robots, aliens…each with their own unique special ability and strategy.
– POWERUPS GALORE. Collect and master 47 (yes forty-seven!) individual powerups like Donut Tires, Oil Slick, Ball’n’Chain, and Dodgeball Fury.
– FUN FOR ALL. Choose the difficulty that’s right for you, and change it on the fly. Kart experts and noobs can play together with individual handicaps.
Plus you can create and save your own custom game rule sets. Want a 10-lap race with only Bouncy Tires and Rocket Boost Powerups? Go right ahead. How about a drift contest with 4 friends and permanent Police Chase? No problemo. Make your own custom game modes with our Preset editor and then save them for battles with up to 8 local players.
Beach Buggy Racing 2: Island Adventure will cost $19.99 on the Switch eShop.
Thanks to Jack for the tip.