Curse of the Sea Rats coming to Switch in 2021
Posted on August 14, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Petoons Studio has announced Curse of the Sea Rats, its “hand-drawn animation ratoidvania”. The game is targeted for release in 2021 on Switch and other platforms.
We have the following overview and trailer for Curse of the Sea Rats:
Curse of the Sea Rats is an exploration-focused, side-scroller role playing game leading a group of heroes who are transformed into rats by a pirate witch. Help them rescue the Admiral’s son and break the magic spell!
Curse of the Sea Rats will feature 4 playable characters, and single and local multiplayer modes in which you will have to investigate 11 different scenarios in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
– Packing all of the best features you’ve come to know from the Metroidvania genre into a single game starring rats!
– Investigate 11 different scenarios in a non-linear quest set in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
– 4 playable characters, local multiplayer mode, jam packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
– Beautiful hand-drawn animation with 2.5D graphics: 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment.
– Story cut-scenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a professional cast.
– Rich twisting plot set in a breathtaking lush-color fantasy style.
– Suitable for every audience: from the casual to the hardcore gamer.
– Try completing 100% of the quest or speedrun to the end of the game.
– New DLC’s and free updates planned to engage our fans.
For those attending Gamescom 2019 later this month, Curse of the Sea Rats will be shown off for the first time. The expo runs between August 20 and August 22.
Source: Petoons Studio PR