Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – new details, development 20% complete
Posted on September 11, 2019 by Devin(@Sonicb00m111) in News, Switch
Following its reveal last week, Famitsu has provided more details on Konami’s Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!.
Those interested can check out all the translated tidbits from Gematsu below.
- Series Creator Akira Sakuma: “I planned on resigning Momotaro Dentetsu after the release of Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!!, but there was a demand for playing this game on the big screen.”
- Konami’s Noriaki Okamura: “We wanted to put together another chance to create an environment of developers who can properly make [a game in the series].”
- Konami’s Shouji Masuda: “Konami has always wanted to make a Momotaro Dentetsu game.”
- Sakuma: “The title was Masuda’s idea.”
- Masuda: “Sakuma and I are old men. No one can say no to us. But between us two, I can always say what feels boring or uninteresting.”
- “I even told [character designer] Hideyuki Takenami to draw a cute character with big pupils.”
- Rather than renew Kazuyuki Sekiguchi’s music (Sekiguchi worked on the background music for previous entries), this game adds Hyadain’s songs for specific parts and new areas.
- The tempo has increased, but the overall rules have not changed, as there is no need for change.
- Development is 20 percent complete.