N64-style 3D platformer Cavern of Dreams coming to Switch
Posted on February 12, 2024 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Publisher Super Rare Games, along with developer Bynine Studios, today confirmed that they’ll be releasing Cavern of Dreams on Switch. It’s slated for February 29, 2024.
At its core, Cavern of Dreams is a N64-style 3D platformer. Players will be able to gain new abilities, meet unique characters, solve puzzles, and more.
Further details can be found in the following overview:
Cavern of Dreams invites players to embark on an enchanting journey with Fynn, a young dragon on a quest to rescue his unhatched siblings, snatched away by a mysterious villain. The game, designed as a love letter to the retro era of N64-style games, combines collectathon elements with nostalgic 3D platforming, delivering an immersive experience for players of all ages.
In this whimsical adventure, players will explore a magical and densely-packed world filled with secrets, challenges, and an abundance of collectibles. Unravel the mystery of Flynn’s missing siblings through puzzle-solving and light platforming, accompanied by a cast of unique characters, backed with a dreamy soundtrack.
Explore four distinct, themed lands linked to a central hub, teeming with hidden secrets and unexpected delights. As players progress, they’ll unlock additional worlds and empower Fynn with new abilities, elevating the thrill of the quest for a heartwarming family reunion.
- Each world is full of goodies to find. Including 40 eggs placed in perilous situations, mushrooms to feed your siblings once they hatch, collectible cards to fill out an Encyclopedia, and more!
- Collecting eggs allows the Sage to grant Fynn new body parts, which give him new abilities! Use your tail, wings, and more to reach areas you couldn’t before and move super fast!
- Fynn embarks on a journey centered around exploration, puzzle-solving, and platforming. However, as he delves into the mysteries of the Cavern of Dreams, he must tread carefully, as unexpected perils may lie in wait along his path.
- Each world is populated with strange characters who need your help. You may chat up a tree, assist a mermaid, or free a sentient soup dumpling!
- Fully immerse yourself in Cavern of Dreams through a nostalgic and mysterious soundtrack, with each world having multiple versions of its theme based on where you are.
Have a look at a trailer for Cavern of Dreams below.
The game will be available digitally on the Switch eShop. Pricing is set at $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.79.