Submit a news tip

Nintendo Switch Online app surpasses five million downloads – about 25% of Switch install base

Posted on September 26, 2018 by (@NE_Brian) in Mobile, News, Switch

According to Sensor Tower, total downloads of the Nintendo Switch Online app have surpassed five million across iOS and Android. In other words, is has been installed by about 25% of Switch’s install base.

We can thank Japan and the United States for most of the downloads. The two countries account for 33 and 30 percent of the total respectively. Roughly 60 percent of users obtained the app on Google Play whereas the remaining 40 percent received it from the App Store.

When Nintendo Switch Online fully launched during the week of September 17, there was 76 percent growth over the preceding week in terms of installs. The app saw about 123,000 downloads last week, up from about 70,000 the week prior.

Also during the week, installs resulted in a 77 percent week-over-week growth in downloads in Japan. United States growth was up as well at 89 percent. Other countries experienced a cumulative increase of 76 percent.

In July 2018, installs sat at about 240,000. August saw a slight increase to 268,000 installs.


Leave a Reply

Manage Cookie Settings