Non-linear platformer Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends coming to Switch
Posted on November 27, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Pie for Breakfast Studios and PxlPl previouslyz secured full funding for Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends, a non-linear platformer. The project is currently targeting a tentative late 2022 release window.
For more on Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends, check out the following overview:
Pie for Breakfast Studios and PxlPlz present Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends, a non-linear platformer based on Winsor McCay’s groundbreaking 1905 comic strip, Little Nemo in Slumberland, which follows the adventures of a 7-year-old boy in the world of his dreams. Players control Nemo and his 3 friends: each character has their own unique powers for exploring the many surreal environments as they confront Fiends threatening to destroy Nemo’s happy dreams forever! The game features hand-drawn artwork made to mimic Winsor McCay’s expert draftsmanship and inventive comic layouts. Long in the public domain, Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends makes the work of a comic and animation pioneer accessible for modern audiences!
– Take control of 4 characters on your trip through Slumberland! The brave Nemo, the magic-wielding Princess, the mischievous clown Flip, and the agile royal guard Peony – an original character created for this game!
– Each character has unique ways to attack and explore. Players can switch between them quickly to create powerful combos and find hidden areas!
– Featuring hand-drawn artwork made to mimic the style of animation pioneer Winsor McCay’s landmark 1905 comic strip!
– Explore surreal environments based on episodes from the original Little Nemo comic.
– Wake Nemo up and explore his house, featuring rooms with hidden items, artifacts to make your characters stronger, and production artwork!
We have a trailer for the game below.
You can learn more about Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends on the official Kickstarter page here.