Roller Drama, visual novel / sport management mashup, heading to Switch
Posted on July 28, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Open Lab Games today unveiled Roller Drama, a visual novel and sport management mashup. The title will be appearing on Switch in early 2023.
Here’s what we know thus far:
Roller Drama is the visual novel / sport management mashup game of your DREAMS! Lead a team of Roller Derby athletes to victory using strategy and real-time controls to smash the competition. Outside the ring you’ll have to manage five big personalities as they grapple with friendship, heartbreak, and the gradual collapse of late capitalist society. Your choices, and the outcome of each match, will affect the ultimate fate of the team.
– Interactive narrative with meaningful choices and multiple endings
– Vivid, explorable universe
– Real-time roller derby matches
– Coach a team of five athletes with wildly different personalities
– Upgrade your team’s abilities over time
– Hand drawn character art by award winning illustrator Vic Macioci
“From the hand drawn visuals to the bold genre mashup, Roller Drama is hella ambitious and weird,” Open Lab Games lead designer Pietro Polsinelli said of the new game. “We aim to give players a sporting triumph they wouldn’t find anywhere else!”
A trailer for Roller Drama can be seen below.
Source: Open Lab Games PR