Sandwalkers announced for Switch
Posted on August 26, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Goblinz Publishing and developer Goblinz Studio today announced Sandwalkers, a roguelike turn-based exploration game. It’s in development for Switch, though there’s no word on a release window currently.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Every decade, the Mka tribe sends caravans of adventurers into the Phithi, the meteorological chaos that keeps the Uwando tribes isolated from each other and makes life outside the refuges almost impossible.
Their mission: to establish diplomatic and trade relations, to explore and reclaim the lands left to the mercy of monsters and pirates, and, most importantly, to plant a new tree city that can become a refuge for the Mka and their allies. Regardless of the success or failure of their mission, the caravans must send the memories they have gained back to the capital, using the crystospheres carried by traveling beetles.
- Guide a caravan of adventurers through ever-changing landscapes.
- Fight and survive in the face of acid rain, sandstorms and heat waves.
- Tame hostile creatures, rescue refugees, seek allies for mutual aid, or follow the blood path and loot everything you can.
- Seek rich arable soil to plant a new Tree City for your people.
- Progress by passing on your knowledge to a new caravan.
- Repair the broken climate, and put an end to centuries of wandering.
- Make choices that will affect your future expeditions.
- Each character has a different job that greatly influences the gameplay. It’s up to you to explore mythical ruins as an Archeologist, or track down huge beasts as a Hunter.
- Don’t underestimate the weather! It influences the movements of the characters and the outcomes of confrontations.
The first trailer for Sandwalkers can be seen below.