Sentry City, cyberpunk-style side-scroller, hitting Switch this week
Posted on September 25, 2023 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Flynn’s Arcade will publish Sentry City on Switch this week, the company has announced. A release is planned for September 28, 2023.
Originally developed by Crashable Studios, Sentry City is a cyberpunk-style side-scroller. More information can be found in the following overview:
Sentry City is a cyberpunk-style side-scroller with gameplay that is part trial-and-error, and part reaction time based. Traverse the city using the motorcycle overworld map, blast and think your way through the levels, and fight tough bosses to uncover who is behind the city’s AI disruption.
- Blast and think your way through challenging levels and tough bosses in Sentry City’s cyberpunk-esque setting
- Unique side-scroller game-play that is part trial-and-error, part reaction time based, and part puzzle. Each section and level is uniquely designed and not repetitive.
- Super responsive controls for tight gameplay
- Infinite lives and multiple checkpoints on every level
- Runs at 60fps+ framerate
- Hand-drawn pixel art graphics and animations including intro and outro cutscenes.
- Modern lighting and effects to add style and feel
- Time Attack for each level that rates you based on how fast you beat each level (for the speed-runners out there)
- Beautiful Retro Synth-wave/electronic soundtrack
Take a look at a trailer for Sentry City below.
The game will cost $4.99 / €4.99/ £4.99 on the Switch eShop. A 20 percent discount is planned for the first week.