Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island details Peach Bun, more monsters
Spike Chunsoft shared another round of details for Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island today, this time covering the Peach Bun mechanic and more monsters. New screenshots have been released as well.
Here’s the full rundown:
Use a Peach Bun to Transform into a Monster
This latest game in the series introduces the Peach Bun, capable of transforming Shiren into a monster. As you progress through the game, you can obtain a Peach Club or Peach Staff. Defeating monsters with these items may grant you a Peach Bun bearing the name of the defeated monster. Eating Peach Buns will turn you into the corresponding monster and enable you to use its special ability. Transform into aquatic or flying monsters to traverse otherwise impassable areas. You can find the Peach Club and Peach Staff within dungeons under certain conditions, adding an intriguing aspect to the story revolving around these mysterious tools.
Hoppin’ Batter Family
Has a chance of hitting thrown items, Stave magic bullets, and cannonballs back at the attacker. If this fails, the projectile lands nearby. The likelihood of successfully deflecting increases at higher levels, for instance, with Hoppin’ Hitter or Hoppin’ Slugger.
Master Hen and Great Hen, among others, are monsters boasting well-trained bodies. They excel in hand-to-hand combat, and as they reach higher levels, they approach rapidly with double-speed actions, so be cautious. When their remaining HP becomes low, they transform into Hens.
A Hen runs around like it lost its head. If hit by fire or an explosion, it turns into Yakitori; a delicious item with a similar effect as Onigiri.
The Ninja Lurking on Serpentcoil Island
The ninja on Serpentcoil Island specialize in five types of ninjutsu: Fire, Water, Tree, Metal, and Earth. They all have the ability to skillfully dodge attacks with nimble speed, and each ninja employs ninjutsu with unique characteristics.
- Fire Ninja: Burns items on the ground. They can turn Onigiri into highly effective Grilled Onigiri.
- Water Ninja: Hides underwater. It can shoot water at you, making some of your items wet and rendering them useless.
- Tree Ninja: Throws a log at the target. When taking damage, it may use a ninja trick to escape.
- Metal Ninja: Throws Gitan. Always drops Gitan when defeated, but the amount dropped decreases according to the amount it threw.
- Earth Ninja: Hides in earthen walls, then attacks. Pelts the target with sand, dealing damage and sometimes inflicting Blind status.
Check out the gallery below for a closer look at the Peach Bun feature and latest mounters in Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.
Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island launches for Switch on February 27, 2024.