Pixelnest Studio’s roguelike-shmup Steredenn is on the way to Switch, the studio has revealed. A tweet sent out late last week showed the game running on Switch.
— Pixelnest Studio (@pixelnest) June 23, 2017
For more on Steredenn, read up on the overview below. We’ve also included a trailer for the game.
STEREDENN is a frenetic and chaotic space shooter, carved in big beautiful pixels with insane boss battles. Embark in your ship and engage the fight against dreadful space pirates in a never-ending combat for your survival. The game is fast, addictive, hard and action-packed.
STEREDENN is at the crossroads between a shmup and a roguelike. The gameplay is infinite and unforgiving. The levels are (almost)-randomly generated, with a lot of different and completely unpredictable events (asteroid fields, laser rains, meteor showers, an old battlefield, labyrinths of lasers, etc.). Boss fights are hard, intense and epic. And each time you defeat one of those, you can upgrade your ship to unlock new powers and abilities. Grab your guns and go kick those big-badass-bosses you’ll definitely encounter. Forge your own path across the universe. Good luck.
– Beautiful art and spaceships.
– Awesome boss fights.
– Addictive, ruthless.
– Endless arcade gameplay.
– Quick and intense sessions.
– INFINITE REPLAYABILITY: levels are (practically) randomly-generated.
– ARSENAL: 35 mighty weapons. Driller, ultralaser, giant saw, robots, hypergun? We got you covered.
– UPGRADES: enhance your ship and unlock new powers and abilities with more than 25 upgrades. Many interactions and combos with your guns and other boosters.
– SCORING: beat your friends and be the best!
– DAILY RUN: everyday, try to be the first in a special leaderboard where all players share the same run, guns and bosses. Beware, you only get one chance per day!
– ARENA: Unlock a boss by defeating it in the normal mode. Then, train against it in a 1 to 1 duel. Your guns, your laws, your fight.
– SUPERPLAY: Defeat the game in a fixed variant where there’s no random.