Turn-based RPG Of Blades & Tails coming to Switch
Posted on August 11, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Pineapple Works revealed today that it will be publishing Of Blades & Tails, a new game from developer Felix Laukel. The project will land on Switch in 2023.
Of Blades & Tails is a turn-based RPG that’s inspired by games such as Diablo, Tales of Maj’Eyal, and Stoneshard. In it, you play as Reik, a clever member of the tribe of foxes.
Here’s an official overview with more information:
A turn-based RPG that is action-oriented but rewards a thoughtful approach. Discover a fantastic land populated by different animal tribes.
You play Reik, a clever member of the tribe of foxes. A chain of unfortunate events involves you in a quest of vital importance to all the peace-loving creatures of the realm. You will have to leave your home village and explore the world to become strong enough to stand up to evil. (In other words: There will be a main storyline but it’s still in the making!)
The gameplay is inspired by classic Hack & Slays like Diablo and turn-based RPGs like Tales of Maj’Eyal or Stoneshard. However there is no permadeath in this game. Your progress is always saved once you enter a new area.
The lore is inspired by the classic point & click adventure Inherit the Earth.
As you explore the land, you’ll gain experience and unlock new abilities. Not all inhabitants will be friendly to you. Some will help you with information, others are only interested in trading, and still others will get in your way.
Improve your equipment and collect useful resources in the environment to have a decisive advantage in battle.
– Turn-based Combat that allows for quick action or strategic planning
– An Open World with lots of places to discover
– A fresh, animalistic setting in a vibrant pixel art look
– Procedural generated dungeons and caves
– A Main Storyline and various side quests
– Classless Character Development with many abilities to unlock
– Equipment of different qualities and Unique Items with special powers
– Hunt giant bugs or gather herbs and other useful resources
– Many Enemy Types with different skills that may require tactical decisions
– Join factions to gain access to even more refined skills and equipment
– Trade with rats and other profit-seeking animals
– … and more to come!
Get a look at a trailer for Of Blades & Tails below.
Source: Pineapple Works PR