Vigil: The Longest Night announced for Switch
Posted on August 13, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Taiwan-based studio Glass Heart Games has announced Vigil: The Longest Night, a 2D side-scroller featuring a “subtle cosmic, and outright body, horror.” An initial release is planned for early 2020, with the Switch launch taking place later on.
We have the following information and trailer for Vigil: The Longest Night:
In a world without sunlight, Leila, a member of the Vigil, returns to her hometown in search of a lost sister and becomes lost in a world of unimaginable terror as she uncovers the secrets of the town and source of evil that plagues the countryside.
Vigil: The Longest Night highlights a detailed art style inspired by paintings from the medieval period and influenced by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting. Vigil: The Longest Night takes inspiration from classics like Castlevania and modern marvels like Salt & Sanctuary and Bloodborne. Glass Heart hopes that Leila’s tale will catch player’s attention with its precise and technical combat as well as a rich and strong narrative — a unique tale of eldritch horror that combines Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture.
– Experiment with 4 types of weapons — sword, heavy weapons, twin daggers, and bow — along with many mystical variations to be discovered.
– Use dozens of unique items to help, heal, and harm.
– Level up a complex skill tree to help you create the ultimate warrior of light.
– Battle variety of brutal enemies and the bizarre bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
– Unravel the multiple endings and uncover the secrets that lurk in the darkness.
– Become infected with the sinister mood evoked by dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
– Listen to the atmospheric music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular Finish band Whispered.
Source: Glass Heart Games PR