Vigil: The Longest Night out for Switch in October
Posted on September 9, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Another Indie and Glass Heart Games have set a release date for Vigil: The Longest Night, a 2D action platformer. It will release digitally on October 14.
We have the following overview and trailer for Vigil: The Longest Night:
Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative. Inspired by Salt and Sanctuary and Castlevania, Vigil: The Longest Night aims to challenge players with its difficulty while compelling them with a tale of eldritch horror. Follow Leila on her quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside. Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
- Experiment with 4 types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in world of maddening darkness
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares
- Multiple endings to unravel
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of metal band Whispered
Vigil: The Longest Night will be sold digitally for Switch via the eShop.