RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D has emerged after months of silence. New gameplay details have been revealed, and the game even has a release date!
You can read up on the information below. New screenshots will be coming your way shortly.
- Begins with an eager young teenager getting the brush-off from his father
- He dreams of being a thrill ride designer, a theme park architect, a rollercoaster tycoon
- The character’s father is employed in this field
- Father is preoccupied with his own tycooning, asks an old retiree to help his son out
- “Coaster Story”: new narrative-focused tutorial mode
- Eases players into its simulation of money management, attraction construction, and virtual vomit clean-up
- This game uses the same foundation of RollerCoaster Tycoon
- Has features/tweaks from RollerCoaster Tycoon 2/3
- Turns you loose with an empty lot, a pocketful of cash to pay the contractors and an array of amusement park staples to build
- “Park Sandbox” mode: begin management immediately, go directly into coaster construction to start assembling machines
- Newcomers are better off sticking with Coaster Story
- Players meet Chappy after getting the cold shoulder from the character’s father
- Chappy has a cap, overalls, (grey) facial hair, blue/red color scheme like Mario
- Chappy will guide you through the tutorials, teaches you about the interface/cameras, and other aspects
- Camera is in a locked perspective to allow full 3D rotation
- Can leave this mode and enter the no-handholding modes and play at your own pace
- If you continue to play Coaster Story, there will be some exclusive building challenges
- 3D effect implemented
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D will be available on May 22.