20XX update out now (version 1.0.3) – new character and more
Posted on December 13, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The Switch version of 20XX was updated this week. Batterystaple Games is introducing new content and features, including the latest character: Draco.
Below are the full patch notes for version 1.0.3:
- Added Draco, 20XX’s fourth full character! Draco is designed to push 20XX’s Weapons to the limit. Instead of equipping one Weapon and eight Powers, Draco can equip \*eight\* Weapons, and only one Power. Draco has six unique Weapons that only he can use. He begins with two of them – the mighty Unstoppable Force, and the stunning Volt Edge. The other four are found in Primary Weapon chests. Additionally, Draco is occasionally offered a new Weapon after slaying a boss (in lieu of that Boss’s Power). Instead of holding the button to charge like 20XX’s other Contractors, Draco automatically stores charges at all times, and uses them by holding UP (or the new remappable Dracocharge button, R2) when attacking. Each of Draco’s unique Weapons has a special Charged effect – discover them all!
- Stick-look enabled! When playing, the right stick can now be used to pan the camera in any direction, up to a distance of about half a screen. The camera will naturally gravitate back toward its normal resting point if you move away from your pan direction. (For example, if you pan to the right, the camera will re-center itself as you move left.) Pressing in the right stick re-centers the camera. This feature is disabled in enclosed spaces (shops, boss rooms/hallways) where it’s not super useful anyway.
- Hawk changes! Hawk now has four Power Slots. Hawk’s Siphon attacks that kill an enemy are now guaranteed to restore at least 1 NRG. World Igniter NRG cost reduced by 20%. Seeking Striker damage increased by 25%.
- Added in-game control remapping! (PS4/XB1 only – Switch already had it)
- Advanced Options is here! You can now customize a whole bunch of graphics options you never knew you wanted.
- 10 New Augs! Including one Prototype, one stackable, and eight once-per-run Augs.
- Dashbolt’s effect and the effect of Oxjack’s Helm have been switched. Oxjack’s Helm now fires a bolt upon dashing, and has had its damage increased (to 15 base, from 10). Dashbolt now increases dash speed and shortens dash duration, resulting in the same dash distance, completed in less time.
- Removed Reflex Rapidifier. It’s bad.
- Improved Character Select pod visuals.