Confirmed: Nintendo Power review score of The Conduit
Small update: Summary of the review below.
The first review of The Conduit is officially in. Numerous pictures of the upcoming issue of Nintendo Power prove that this score is the real deal.
Though the game received far from a perfect score, the magazine has given the game the ultimate accolade by stating that The Conduit is “the best pure first-person shooter on Wii.” However, there are a number of valid criticisms. Specifically, Nintendo Power cites unimpressive AI, a weak weapon selection, and a predictable story. On the other hand, NP discussed the control system and online support in a very positive manner.
– Great adventure, but doesn’t measure up to “big guns” of the genre.
– Predictable story.
– Unimpressive AI.
– Little innovation aside from the controls…
-…yet their quality, which owes a lot to their customizability, mostly overshadow these issues.
– Locales look great for the most part though the level of details can be inconsistent.
– Finely tuned level design based more around covering yourself and surviving than “run ‘n gun”.
– Lack of destructible environments is a disappointment.
– Great, satisfying to use weapons selection.
– ASE is cool, but under-utilized.
– Impressively smooth online experience.
– Cliffhanger ending hinting at a sequel
Thanks to Jake for the news tip!