Back in October, Nintendo announced that a long-awaited storage solution was in the works for Wii. The company also promised that the fix would arrive in Spring. According to IGN, a more specific date has been determined. Matt Casamassina stated in the latest Nintendo Voice Chat that the update will be up for download towards the end of March and that gamers will be able to save games to their SD cards.
I believe Spring begins sometime around March 20, so chances are – if this information is correct – the update will be available sometime in between March 20 and March 31.
Other significant news from the podcast:
– Retro Studios’ next game will be “epic” and “cool”
– Crystal Defenders will release in the US
– Confirmed that Retro Studios is involved with Wiimakes of Metroid Prime 1 and 2
– More dark games will be announced in the near future
– Look out for major IPs from some publishers
– Have not heard back from Factor 5
– Confirmed that the devs from Excite Truck are working on another game