Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX update available now, patch notes
Posted on September 22, 2021 by Ervin in News, Switch eShop
A new update has been released for Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, adding new quality of life improvements and bug fixes. Here are the full patch notes:
Assisted Controls Menu
If you access the options menu from within the main title screen settings, you will see an option to access a new Assist Menu. Within this menu, you will find some new optional settings.
- Infinite Lives has now been relocated here.
- Reworked Controls – Turning this option on makes Alex feel more responsive, but removes Alex’s sliding effect making some optional areas of the game unreachable when using this mode.
- Adjusted Collisions – Turning this option on reduces Akex’s collision with enemies making it slightly less likely for him to die throughout the game.
We’re very pleased to add this much-requested feature! Once you have finished the game you’ll find this option available to use from the main menu.
Additionally, there are a new number of bug fixes and quality of life improvements, including:
- Level Selection Feature (Unlocked after completing the game)
- Assist mode Feature
- Invincibility Balancing and fixes
- Acid waterfall drop rate slowed down
- Cane of flight Fixes
- Animation fixes
- Throwing capsule fix
- Soft Lock Fixes
- Parplin Second Fight fix
- Ladder Fixes
- Localisation fixes
- Gooseka Ball Bug fix
- Jan Ken Pon labels fixed
- Remapping issues fixed
- Level 17 Spikes fix
- Octopus tentacle issue Fixed
- Fire Enemy fix
- Audio fixes
- Alex facing wall fix