Alisa: Director’s Cut, 90s-style horror action adventure game, heading to Switch
Posted on January 9, 2024 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Top Hat Studios and Casper Croes are bringing Alisa to Switch with a new Director’s Cut version, the two sides announced today. It’ll be out for Switch on February 6, 2024.
Alisa is a cult-classic 90s homage survival horror game with pre-rendered backgrounds, fixed camera angles, and the ability to choose between classic tank controls or modern controls. We’ve got some additional details in the following overview:
Originally developed in Unity 5 – an extremely old version of the popular engine, almost a decade old – Alisa required the use of several engine and technological innovations in order to make the game compatible with modern console systems. The game runs faithfully to the original on all platforms, and the port team is proud of the end result. This Developer’s Cut contains all updates and new content previously added to the PC version, as well as numerous fixes and quality of life optimizations.
– Classic Survival Horror gameplay
– Real pre-rendered backgrounds and authentic low-poly models presented in a mindblowing 480p
– Currency, items, and outfits with unique player stats boosts
– Weapon load-outs, ranging from a sabre to a blunderbuss to an SMG
– A large variety of enemies and locations with surprises around every corner!
– Choice between modern or classic tank-controls movement styles
– A weird sense of humour
– A nostalgic trip to the late 1990s, right down to the voice acting
Take a look at a trailer for Alisa: Director’s Cut below.