If a new rating is anything to go by, Astroneer will be coming to Switch. The game was classified for Nintendo’s console in Brazil earlier this week.
Astroneer, a title that focuses on “aerospace industry and interplanetary exploration,” has been well-received since hitting Steam Early Access a couple of years ago. Here’s an overview and trailer for the game:
Explore and reshape distant worlds! Astroneer is set during a 25th century gold rush where players must explore the frontiers of outer space, risking their lives in harsh environments for the chance of striking it rich.
On this adventure, a player’s most useful tool is their ability to shape their world, altering the terrain and extracting valuable resources from planets, and moons. Resources can be traded or crafted into new tools, vehicles, and modules to create everything from massive industrial bases to mobile rover bases.
– Reshape terrain as though it were made of Play-Doh.
– Survive on and explore procedurally generated planets that can be entirely deformed and traversed.
– Build vehicles and travel to new planets and moons.
– Snap together components and objects to create custom vehicles and modules.
– 4 player online drop-in/drop-out co-op.
If an official announcement for Astroneer is made – which would come from Gearbox Publishing – we’ll let you know.