Atari Mania getting a physical release on Switch
Atari Mania is arriving digitally on Switch next week, but it turns out that a physical version is also planned. This comes courtesy of Limited Run Games.
Atari Mania will only have a standard release – no special edition. However, a bundle is planned that includes the original CD soundtrack.
Here’s some information about the game:
A wild journey through videogame history, Atari Mania is a microgame collection wrapped in a hilarious retro-driven narrative of exploration and surprise.
You play as the Caretaker of the Atari Vault, the storehouse of classic Atari games. One night, a dead pixel appears and soon enough, all heck breaks loose!!
Familiar and beloved games begin to warp, mutate and combine into a series of increasingly crazy challenges. It’s up to you to fight back the pixels and other surprising villains, and restore order to the Vault!
- Manic Mashups – Over 150 wild microgames spanning the breadth of the Atari catalog from Asteroids to Yars’ Revenge. You’ll fight back Centipedes with a Pong paddle, and sneak past Rhindle, Adventure’s fiercest dragon!
- Excellent Exploration – Solve tricky puzzles and utilize tools to progress through the Vault and discover Atari Easter eggs and trophies.
- Pixel-Perfect Style – A charming neo-retro art update to the classic Atari 2600 style.
- Characters Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before – Go face to antennae with some of the greatest games and characters in videogame history. Trust us – you’ll never think of Bentley Bear the same way again!
- Treasure Trove of Atari History – Collectibles abound, including vintage Atari art, posters, and manuals.
- A Chiptune Delight – A propulsive joyful soundtrack of retro-inspired jams.
You’ll be able to pre-order the physical version of Atari Mania starting on October 11, 2022. The digital launch is happening on October 13 and the boxed version should ship later.