Team Colorblind indicated last year that Aztez would probably release on Switch instead of Wii U. That has been made official, with the developer confirming plans for Nintendo’s current system officially. Console versions are in the works, including Switch.
Aztez is a beat ’em up set in the world of the Aztec Empire. Find some additional information and a trailer below.
Aztez is a unique hybrid of beat ’em up and turn-based strategy set in the world of the Aztec Empire. Deploy your Aztez (elite close combat warriors) in the metagame and enjoy a highly technical real-time combat event that has consequences in the empire. But choose your missions wisely, as you have limited deployments! A great enemy approaches the Valley Of Mexico, and it will require all of your skill and cunning to take them on and change the course of history…
– Highly replayable Campaign game that changes every play-through. Different events, artifacts, and battles every game.
– Experience huge Empire cities, stunning natural vistas, and even the Aztec underworld!
– Perform sacrifices, score enormous combos, and summon immensely powerful Aztec gods.
– Fight against historical warriors and mythological foes alike using 8 distinct weapons.
– Find and equip over 70 cosmetic items.
– Or enjoy a purified combat experience in the great capital city arena!
News regarding plans for Aztez on consoles should be shared in the near future.