Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition update out now on Switch (version 1.0.1016), patch notes
Posted on August 13, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
A new update for Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition has been made available on Switch, with the game moving up to version 1.0.1016.
A ton of fixes and improvements are included here. These include a couple of new options to disable widescreen borders and to change in-game brightness.
The full patch notes for the Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition 1.0.1016 update are as follows:
- Added missing audio and text localization (video localization to come in a later patch). Set your language in the Game Options
- Added missing subtitle credits
- Fixed possible deadlocks and memory leaks
- Fixed various menus not responding to resolution changes
- Fixed menu sliders sound loop when dragged with the mouse
- Fixed Borderless Window setting on PC not sticking
- Added Game Option to disable widescreen borders
- Added Game Option to change in-game brightness
- Fixed McCoy not being able to walk freely in certain rooms (eg. Outside Runciter’s)
- Fixed subtitles not displaying during outtakes
- Fixed outtakes not playing at 60fps
- Fixed fog not rendering correctly in certain rooms (eg. Chinatown)
- Fixed McCoy clipping into vehicles in RC03
- Fixed green flicker during transitions
- Fixed items not displaying after loading a savegame
- Fixed Esper crash when zooming out via the preview thumbnail
- Fixed various KIA issues
- It used to be difficult to tell which page you were on in the kia, now the currently selected kia page should be called out in the top row of buttons.
- The kia “cursor hover” state was not different enough for you to tell where your cursor was, now there’s been an additional pass on it to make it much more obvious.
- Individual clue privacy when using the kia privacy addon was not obvious, now every private clue has a unique icon next to it, along with a background highlight.
- Enhanced graphics for KIA upgrade and suspect silhouettes
- Keyboard shortcuts can no longer open the KIA during cutscenes
- Fixed incorrect colors in localized subtitles
- Fixed subtitles changing interface language
- Fixed audio volume changing during scene transitions
- Player personality (conversation choices) can be changed ingame
- Difficulty achievements are retroactive.
Note that Nightdive is readying another patch for the game. More improvements are planned for the user interface and menus, controls, pathfinding, Police Maze. There’ll also be a toggle for the original and Enhanced Edition videos, plus video localization for the intro and outtakes.