BROK the InvestiGator coming to Switch
Posted on January 6, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Cowcat opened a Kickstarter campaign today for BROK the InvestiGator, a project that blends point-and-click adventure, side-scrolling beat ’em up, and RPG elements. The campaign has already raised over $15,000 with a month remaining. Additionally, a Switch version has been secured.
Here’s a bunch of information about BROK the InvestiGator as well as a trailer:
“Brok” is a narrative-driven game that blends action and investigation in never-before-seen ways. Will you use your brain… or your brawn?
In a futuristic “light cyberpunk” world where animals have replaced humans, privileged citizens live under a dome protected from the ambient pollution while others struggle to make a living outside of its protective dome.
Brok, private detective and former boxer, lives with Graff, the son of his deceased wife. Although he could never elucidate the nature behind her accident, recent events may shed some light on an even more tragic outcome… one that may be linked to their own existence.
Will they be able to withstand the threats of this corrupted world and face their own destiny?
A deep and emotional narrative-rich experience filled with characters reminiscent of classic 80s/90s cartoons.
The first game to combine a “Classic Adventure” with “Beat’em up” and RPG elements!
– Solve puzzles with your wits… or muscles!
– Make choices impacting gameplay and/or story
– Easy mode for pure “Point & Click” gameplay (fights can be skipped)
– Level up to beat enemies and bosses
– Combine clues to uncover the truth!
– In-game hints
– Two playable characters, switch at any time
– 15 to 20 hours long on first playthrough
– Multiple distinct endings to unlock
– Fully voice acted (23,000 lines)
– All controls supported (mouse, keyboard or controller)
BROK the InvestiGator is targeting a 2022 release on Switch. Fans can back the game on Kickstarter here.