Children of Morta – “Shrine of Challenge” update out now, patch notes and trailer
A big “Shrine of Challenge” update is now available for Children of Morta. The story-driven action RPG has received a Hard Mode, new enemies, new UI, new items, balance tweaks, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- Fixed – Area 30 Boss may become invulnerable preventing the Player from completing the dungeon.
- Fixed – Claw can go through the corrupted wall and block further progression during the tutorial.
- Fixed – Terralava: Player can get blocked in Waves room because of Shaman and/or Gelly enemy.
- Fixed – Souvenirs from other save are immediately unlocked in the new save.
- Fixed – Infinite loading occurs if killing the Boss at the same moment as it kills the Player.
- Fixed – Slime enemies may divide beyond the wall.
- Fixed – Picked up consumable may disappear when the Player picks up a new one.
- Fixed – Gold chest may not drop loot.
- Fixed – Killstreak kills often do not reward players with potions on the potion-dropping thresholds.
- Fixed – Skill points and experience meter may stop working after a certain level cap is reached.
- Fixed – Skeletons summoned by the Ferocious enemy may persist after his death.
- Fixed – A soft lock occurs if one Player dies at the same time as the last enemy in a quest with a cutscene during Local Coop.
- Fixed – Evade and Gemstone tutorial prompts can be triggered again by going backward in the tutorial level.
- Fixed – Control scheme is displayed in English in all languages.
- Fixed – It is possible to exploit teleport to the last room in Local Coop.
- Fixed – Items from Gambler land in one spot making it difficult to pick up/choose from.
- Fixed – The Player can still use the Shadow Cloak skill while the cooldown timer is active after entering the next floor.
- Fixed – Joey’s Swing animation frames may persist on screen if interrupted by a cutscene.
- Fixed – The camera can cause problems to exit an Event room with a door on the south in Local Coop.
- Fixed – Lack of translation in one line in the narration for the Hoarder ability in several languages.
- Fixed – A typo in the codex for Mary’s entry.
- Fixed – English text while playing in Spanish in the Document section in the Codex.
- Nintendo Switch: Fixed Tooltip only shows the description of the 3 first divine graces.FEATURES:
- Dark Blade (Upgraded version of Dark Claw which will appear from Ziggurat and will replace all Dark Claws in Terralava).
- Mech Constructor (Terralava enemy which will spawn Anarchy Spiders and buff mechanical enemies around himself).
20 new items added to the game (we have only 18 listed in the trailer – but we’ve actually managed to add two more!)
- Riders on the Storm – Inflict lightning damage when combo kill counter reaches high levels.
- Bargain – Lower prices.
- Adrenaline Rush – Reduce the cooldown of all abilities and items.
- Sacrificial Pact – Turn a portion of your health into a Health Potion charm.
- Divine Performer – High combo kill counters rewards more money.
- Gemstone Hungry – The damage of your primary attack increases with the number of gemstones you possess.
- Gemstone Pact – Every 25 combo kills grants you a gemstone.
- Survival Instinct – Increased movement speed when below 25% health.
- Field Expert – Environmental hazards deal less damage.
- Enchanted Globes – Health globes heal more.
- Mortal Morta Mortars – Three boulders fall from the sky, damaging enemies on impact.
- Lightning Enchantment – Primary attacks have a chance to inflict lightning damage.
- Soothing Obelisks – Activating obelisks will also heal you.
- Fatal Blow – Primary attacks have a small chance to instantly kill the target.
- Ferocious Bolts – Electric bolts randomly emanate from you.
- Rune Slot Machine – Rerolls Runes.
- Dual Rune Summon – Summon two random Runes.
- Paralysis Bomb – Stun all nearby enemies.
- Divine Rage – Decreased rage drain.
- Electric Discharge – Shoot bolts in random direction.
- Enemies Damage increased by 15%
- Enemies Health increased by 30%
- Enemies XP reward increased by 25%
- You can now select larger UI on different platforms
- Larger HUD.
- Larger UI (menus for the most part).
- Moved objectives from tooltips to Pause Menu.
- Added the ability to delete notifications:
- Fatigue notifications will not be saved. So the next time the game’s launched they won’t be in the menu.
- New fade/scale animation added for some UI.
- Slight tweaks to notification for Rage being ready to use.
- Added the ability to cure Fatigue with Mysterious Egg (drop from Belagoo Bird event).OPTIMIZATION:
- Fixed tutorial and forest graphical artifacts.
- Nintendo Switch: Fixed Performance degradation, the audio completely corrupting and crashing
upon putting console to sleep with the game being on.
- Nintendo Switch: Fixed Audio corruption during first shopkeeper challenge room with multiple
slimes in Local Coop.
- Nintendo Switch: Fixed lots of memory leak issues.
- Nintendo Switch: Fixed forest level long load time issue.BALANCE:
Tweaks for the Normal Mode:
- Wind: Enemy health nerfed by 10%
- Magma: Enemy health nerfed by 10%
- More Enemies in Wind now get canceled when you are using melee characters.
And a trailer: