Corsairs: Battle of the Caribbean announced for Switch
Today, publisher Microids and developer Fishing Cactus announced Corsairs: Battle of the Caribbean. The game is due out on Switch in 2024.
Corsairs: Battle of the Caribbean marks the return of Corsairs Gold, a game that allowing players to take on the role of a privateer serving England, France, or Holland, in their quest for fame and fortune. The new real-time strategy title features “the thrilling Campaign and Adventure modes, as well as a new Skirmish mode where players can challenge AI opponents in solo play or engage in online multiplayer with up to 4 players.”
Here’s a bunch of additional information:
You’ll take on the role of a privateer, serving your chosen nation to earn fame and wealth. You’ll navigate treacherous seas, build a powerful fleet, and wage epic battles against enemy vessels.
Your journey will take you to the exotic islands of the Antilles, where you can discover hidden treasures, recruit new crew members, and fight for your nation’s supremacy in the Caribbean. Choose to represent one of the great maritime powers: French, Danish, Spanish, British, or Dutch.
CORSAIRS – BATTLE OF THE CARIBBEAN offers you a chance to live the true life of a pirate, with vast seas of possibilities awaiting you. It combines tactical combat with management-oriented gameplay, encouraging you to smartly manage your fleet and defend your trading positions. The game features an enhanced progression system, new types of soldiers, and an expanded campaign mode for a more immersive experience.
- Engage in intense naval battles with a fleet of 17 different ships, each with its unique abilities, and make use of 3 types of ammunition, each with unique effects.
- Master the enhanced trading mechanics, manage your fleet and cities wisely, and defend your trading positions to establish your dominance.
- Upgrade your ships and strengthen your crew by earning resources from quests, defeating enemies, and exploring new territories.
- 3 types of soldiers: Tank, Gunner and Agile are now the mainstay of your crew’s fighting force.
- Dive into the expanded Campaign Mode with an all-new campaign added to four original and engaging storylines.
- The game also introduces a revamped “Boarding” mode, featuring different soldier classes and a Captain who can take part in battles.
Microids COO Elliot Grassiano said: “Corsairs holds a special place in both the genre and the history of Microids. We are dedicated to preserving its essence while introducing significant enhancements to revive this iconic franchise. We are thrilled to bring this experience to new players and to rekindle the excitement for the nostalgic fans who embarked on the Corsairs adventure two decades ago.”
Source: Microids PR