Critadel releasing in October, new trailer
Posted on September 9, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
After it was previously announced in August, publisher Nicalis and developer Pixelian Studio today announced the release date for Critadel. The 2D action game will be available on October 13.
Critadel is a futuristic platformer/shooter/roguelike with GBA-inspired graphics and a pulse-pounding techno soundtrack. Players will run, jump and blast through convoluted pathways and secret chambers of a giant mechanical tower. The game has three upgradeable characters, hundreds of branching paths, and more than 100,000 possible weapon and item configurations.
Learn more about the title with the following overview:
A hardcore action game with GBA-inspired graphics and a pulse-pounding techno soundtrack, Critadel offers a virtually limitless variety of weapon and item configuration options. With upgradeable playable characters and continuously reconfigured branching paths, it’s a game that’s different every time you play it!
• Three different playable characters (fearless fighter Nox, mysterious cultist Ahnushu and combat android Alice), each with their own unique starting weapons/items, upgradeable abilities and unlockable costumes
• 360° aiming cursor allows you to blast enemies in any direction
• Dodge-roll maneuver with limited invincibility for avoiding attacks
• Powerful weapons that can be purchased or found randomly in the tower
• Collectible artifacts that give passive bonuses when equipped
• Two types of in-game currency: crystals (found throughout the tower) and orbs (earned by defeating bosses)
• Two difficulty modes, plus a Boss Rush mode for replaying boss battles
And here’s a new trailer with Critadel going along with the release date news:
Critadel will cost $19.99 on the Switch eShop. Access the official website here.