DARQ: Complete Edition launching on Switch in early 2021
Posted on August 13, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Feardemic, in partnership with Unfold Games, today announced that it will publish DARQ: Complete Edition on Switch. The 2.5D side-scroller had already been confirmed for Nintendo’s console, but now we have an early 2021 release window. It’s also confirmed that DARQ: Complete Edition will come packaged with two pieces of DLC: “The Tower” and “The Crypt”.
Here’s an overview of DARQ, along with a trailer:
Help Lloyd Wake Up!
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who becomes aware of the fact that he is dreaming. To Lloyd’s misfortune, the dream quickly turns into a nightmare and all attempts to wake up end in failure. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns how to survive the nightmare by bending the laws of physics and manipulating the fluid fabric of the dream world.
Wall Walk, Stealth, Puzzles
Apart from gravity-defying puzzles, Lloyd will have to use stealth when nearby enemies. He has no chance of winning in an open confrontation, since the creatures he will encounter are much more powerful and faster than him. Instead, he has to rely on careful planning to avoid getting detected.
– Psychological horror set in a lucid dream, relying on slow build and creepy atmosphere rather than gore and violence.
– Unique artstyle and detailed environment to explore
– Sound design by Bjørn Jacobsen, known for his work on such games as Cyberpunk 2077 and Hitman.
– Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics (walking on walls and ceilings) , manipulating the dream world (moving things, rotating rooms), collecting and using found objects, and avoiding enemies.
– Hidden secrets to find (optional, for hardcore players only)
DARQ: Complete Edition is expected to be released digitally for Switch via the eShop.
Source: Feardemic PR