First-person puzzle adventure game Fractured Minds out today on Switch
The first-person puzzle adventure game Fractured Minds – an experience intended to highlight the impact of mental health issues – arrives today on Switch, publisher Wired Productions has announced. 80 percent of the proceeds will be going to creator Emily Mitchell and Safe In Our World, “a new games industry charity dedicated to raising and supporting mental health awareness. ”
Here’s some additional information about Fractured Minds:
Fractured Minds comes from the imagination of 2017 BAFTA Young Games Designers award winner, Emily Mitchell, who at 17-years-old found solace through game development. Inspired by Emily’s personal journey through severe anxiety Fractured Minds seeks to create greater understanding and stand in solidarity with mental health sufferers around the world. Players will embark on a deeply personal and emotional journey through the human psyche. Exploring atmospheric and thought-provoking chapters, each symbolizing a different aspect or challenge associated with mental health — from isolation to anxiety, with everyday situations becoming distorted beyond recognition.
Safe In Our World is a new mental health charity for the video games community with the goal of raising awareness of mental health issues among gamers and creators and affecting positive change within the industry. Supported by industry luminaries and ambassadors across the world, its mission is to create a digital destination where sufferers can seek help, gain access to resources and information, and discover stories from real people within and surrounding the games industry.
– BAFTA award-winning indie game exploring matters of mental health
– Interactive environments to overcome through challenges and puzzles across 6 levels, each inspired by real-life obstacles
– Explore the emotions surrounding emptiness, anxiety, depression and paranoia with hope
– Enjoy a rich and immersive soundtrack including “Silence” provided kindly by Kai Engel
– A thought-provoking experience about what it means to live with mental health
And a video:
Pricing for Fractured Minds is set at $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99.
Source: Wired Productions PR