Impact Gameworks have announced that its JRPG-puzzle adventure game Flowstone Saga is headed to Switch in Summer 2022. Check out an overview and trailer below.
Flowstone Saga is a 16-bit, JRPG-inspired adventure featuring an epic story, charming characters, stunning pixel art, and a unique puzzle battle system! Like our first title Tangledeep, we’re combining everything we love about the finest SNES & PlayStation-era RPGs, and infusing it with modern sensibilities in a captivating, original world.
- Battle monsters in a truly unique puzzle-based arena! Using the power of falling blocks, you can attack, defend, and trigger magic effects to thwart everything from lowly Beewis and Cookie Ferrets to Craggans and Giant Axolotls.
- Immerse yourself in a grand story that begins with the discovery of an ancient power, and grows to encompass a continent-wide conflict Explore the islands of Ocean’s End, search for treasure, gather resources, solve ancient puzzles, and unravel mysteries across dozens of handcrafted maps and dungeons
- Befriend charming characters, helping them to build the town of New Riverstone, learning their stories, and even buddying up for extra battle effects
- Customize your experience with multiple difficulty settings; enjoy a more relaxed, story-driven playthrough, OR push your puzzle & tactical skills to their limits
- Feast your eyes on lush, stunningly-detailed pixel art including huge monster sprites, gorgeous backgrounds, and expressive animations
- Rock out to an epic, adventurous soundtrack with over 50 songs, featuring live performances by world-class musicians
Source: Impact Gameworks PR