Horace getting a physical release on Switch
A physical version of the story-driven platformer Horace is on the way to Switch, it’s been announced. Super Rare Games will be in charge of distribution.
Horace appeared on Switch in October 2020, though only as a digital title. This marks the first time it will be available physically.
Only 4,000 copies will be made. Each unit includes all the current content on its cart, a full-color manual, interior artwork, an exclusive sticker, and trading cards.
Learn more about Horace with the following overview:
An ode to the 8 and 16-bit era gaming, Horace is a classic platformer filled with quirky and nostalgic pop culture references and tricky 2D platforming challenges. This masterpiece from Paul Helman and Sean Scaplehorn tells the emotional tale of a small robot on a journey of self-discovery. A game made by videogame lovers for videogame lovers!
– Charming single-player narrative – Laugh, cry and cheer! Watch this touching story unfold.
– Weird and wonderful characters – Bond with every character you meet and find Horace’s family.
– Stunning 2D pixel worlds – Inspired by the ‘golden age’ of UK software development with hidden surprises to be found.
– Tough boss battles – Hone your skills and take on 12 thrilling and difficult boss battles.
– Challenging platforming-based puzzles – Gain new abilities on your adventure and defy the laws of physics to overcome all obstacles.
– Tons of variety – Not limited to classic platforming, experience tons of retro-inspired minigames from the 90s ranging from rhythm action to FPS.
Pre-orders for the physical version of Horace open on January 27 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM in the UK / 7 PM in Europe. Super Rare Games will have reservations here.
Source: Super Rare Games PR