Inversus Deluxe heading to Switch this fall
Posted on August 9, 2017 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The well-received action game Inversus is making the jump to Switch as Inversus Deluxe, developer Hypersect announced today. It will be out sometime this fall.
Here’s an overview of the game:
The playfield looks simple at first glance, but once the action begins, complexity unfolds at a rapid pace. INVERSUS is a negative-space shooter for one to four friends. Player movement is constrained to opposite colors of a black and white grid — my walls are your paths and your walls are my paths. Each shot flips tile colors in an attempt to block, trap and close in on the enemy. Firing a bullet opens up a path for you while also closing off a path for me. Both online and local couch play are supported. The competitive versus mode pits players against each other in 1v1 or 2v2 battles, while the single-player and cooperative two-player modes pit players against endless waves of enemies as they fight for high scores on an ever-changing board.
* Test your skills in the new single-player versus mode by facing off against AI Bots that scale in difficulty from beginner to world-class player.
* The addition of ranked online multiplayer rewards skill in both 1v1 and 2v2 games.
* New real-time soft shadows and high definition materials add a depth and richness to the screen.
* With the new split-shot ammo, players can fork bullets and shoot around corners.
* Equipping new unlockable motion trails allow players to show off personality in the arena.
On Switch, Inversus Deluxe will feature “scores of new content, new features and visual enhancements”. Hypersect is packing in twelve new versus maps and four new arcade maps for over fifty unique maps in total. The controls have also been mapped onto a single Joy-Con so that the game can be played with friends.
We have a trailer for Inversus Deluxe below.
Source: Hypersect PR