Labyrinth of Zangetsu confirmed for English release in the west
Original (8/16): According to various retailer listings, Labyrinth of Zangetsu will be receiving an English release in the west. PQube will be localizing the game and it will launch in North America and Europe in Q1 2023.
Labyrinth of Zangetsu was first announced for Switch in January 2021. The game will make its debut this September in Japan.
Here’s an overview of the game with more details:
Labyrinth of Zangetsu breaks onto the scene for PC and consoles!
Set in the Ido period, the world has blackened under the disaster of the Ink of Ruin. Conscript a team of skilled warriors to venture deep into the impure Labyrinths to conquer the Ink plaguing the land. Will you return unscathed and free the land of this stain? Dangerous yokai await you inside!
- Uniquely illustrated visuals in a hand drawn, jet-black ink brush stroke which is very reminiscent of traditional Japanese Calligraphy.
- Six playable heroes pre-programmed into the game, but there is also an option to create/build your own hero with unique individual stats and abilities.
- Frightening enemies based off traditional Japanese folklore and Yokai (ghosts, ghouls, and demons).
- Turn based battles with various Ink Beasts in the most dangerous areas. Three “front” characters to engage and attack and three “back” characters to defend and parry.
- Engaging narrative and overarching story to enjoy the successes of your gameplay and reflect upon your losses too.
- Immersive and atmospheric music based off of various traditional Japanese music as you play to create a captivating story.
PQube will distribute Labyrinth of Zangetsu both physically and digitally. In case you missed it, we have the first trailer here.
Update (8/18): PQube has now announced Labyrinth of Zangetsu for the west with a trailer – check it out below.