Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland confirmed for Switch
Posted on July 3, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Over the past month, Die Soft has been seeking funding for Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland on Kickstarter. The $65,000 goal was met towards the end, and a Switch version was secured in the process.
Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland is a platforming Metroidvania adventure title. Players will be able to explore a non-linear world that has been hand-animated frame-by-frame. The game features new ability-granting toys and PJs, various environments inspired by Winsor McCay’s Little Nemo comics, a colorful cast of characters, and more.
Here’s an overview of Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland with more information:
Play as Little Nemo armed with toys, stuffed animals, and a pocket full of candy in this colorful platforming Metroidvania. Explore a vast, seamless world made up of unique zones and full of interesting characters in your quest to save Slumberland from the mysterious Oblivion. All of the characters and environments have been carefully hand-animated frame-by-frame to create a unique and beautiful dream world.
The world of Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland was inspired by Winsor McCay’s early 20th century comic strips, with gameplay inspired by NES platformers from Capcom and Nintendo. It’s been in development for three years with a single developer (David Mauro). The team has more recently added Peter Berkman (of Anamanaguchi) for the soundtrack and Jonathan Baken for Sound Effects.
- Art – Featuring a lush, hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation at 4K resolution.
- Exploration – Slumberland is a vast and seamless world made up of many unique zones for the player to explore as they find new toys and rescue the Guardians. Your adventure will take you to the Dreamswept Plains, Gumdrop Gardens, Mushroom Marsh, and many more unique locations.
- Progression – Collect new toys, pajamas, and stuffed animals to unlock powerful new abilities. These new abilities will expand your platforming and combat capabilities as well as open new pathways in the world.
- Characters – Featuring characters inspired by the original Winsor McCay comics, as well as completely new characters. These characters will add charm and intrigue to the world, while also providing side-adventures for the player to embark upon.
- Music – A soundtrack by Anamanaguchi’s Peter Berkman will provide a sound evocative of NES platforming classics, but without limiting itself to a “chip” sound.
- Accessibility – Plenty of options to make the game accessible to a wide audience.
Get a look at a trailer for Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland below.
Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland intends to launch at the end of 2023 on Switch. Learn more about the project on the Kickstarter page here.