Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope accessibility features detailed
Ubisoft has shared new details as to what players can expect from accessibility features in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope.
The team has gone all out in this department, as there are various options for controls, graphics, motion, audio, and gameplay. Senior UX designer Andrea Scambia said Ubisoft was thinking about accessibility from the very start with this title, meaning it was built into the designs from the beginning.
Here’s the full rundown on accessibility features and options in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope:
- Sensitivity Option to adjust camera movement speed. (Motor, Cognitive, Vision)
- Remap controls Option to invert X and Y axes for the camera. (Motor, Cognitive)
- Button Holds and Toggles Option to change holds to toggles individually for skipping cinematics, feeding Sparks, boost and scan actions. (Motor, Cognitive, Vision)
- Repeated Presses Option to change interactions that require repeated presses to a single button press. (Motor)
- Menu Navigation Works with directional inputs snapping to items automatically, using the left stick or the D-pad. (Motor, Cognitive, Vision)
- Control reminders displayed on-screen during battle. (Cognitive)
- Color No information is communicated by color alone. (Cognitive, Vision)
- Camera Shake Option to disable camera shake. (Cognitive, Motion Sickness)
- Other Motion Effects Option to automatically skip technique cinematics and deactivate auto-camera during gameplay. (Cognitive, Motion Sickness)
- Subtitles enabled by default and cannot be disabled. Speaker names are displayed. (Hearing, Cognitive, Vision)
- Sound Ability to adjust volume levels for ambient sounds, music, sound effects, spoken voice and user interface. (Hearing, Cognitive)
- Difficulty There are three pre-set difficulty modes available. Players can customize the experience by adjusting enemy threat level and how hero management tasks are handled separately. There is also an option for invulnerability. (Motor, Cognitive, Vision)
- Aiming assists Primary weapons automatically lock-on to enemies (Cognitive, Motor, Vision)
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope will be out for Switch on October 20, 2022.