Minoria coming to Switch on September 10
Posted on August 8, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Minoria is just a month out from launching on Switch. The Metroidvania game and Momodora series spiritual successor will arrive on September 10, developer Bombservice revealed today.
We have the following overview and trailer for Minoria:
Minoria is the latest and most ambitious game from Bombservice, and a spiritual sequel to the Momodora series, from the same studio.
Fans of Momodora will find familiar aspects in the design and gameplay elements, as they master the ins-and-outs of parries, dodges, and a variety of different spells. The presentation has evolved to an HD format, with aesthetics mixing 2D hand-painted backgrounds and cel-shaded characters.
The story takes place during the fourth Witch War. It is a time of fanatical religious fervor. The Sacred Office, a powerful organization leading an Inquisition against heresy, purges the sinners who threaten humanity. Those responsible for conducting a mysterious ceremony that contradicts the rules of the Church are labeled “witches.”
Set forth with Sisters Semilla and Fran, missionaries in the Church’s service, on their journey to thwart the witches’ ceremony and protect the common-folk from heresy that endangers the status quo.
– A powerful fantasy story inspired by the history of medieval Europe
– A unique visual aesthetic combining hand-painted 2D art with cel-shading
– Fluid controls encouraging careful engagement and patient play
– Offensive combat enabling players to crush enemies with a mix of swordplay and spells
– Defensive options including dodge-rolls and parries
– A leveling system that helps players adjust their character to their desired difficulty
Minoria is expected to be sold digitally for Switch via the eShop.