Monster Sanctuary heading to Switch in December, new trailer
Posted on October 20, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The monster taming Metroidvania game Monster Sanctuary will launch for Switch on December 8, Team17 and Moi Rai Games have announced. It will be distributed as a digital-only title.
Here’s an overview of Monster Sanctuary, along with a trailer:
During its year in Early Access, Monster Sanctuary has expanded with a series of significant updates that broaden its fantastical world, such as the introduction of player vs player gameplay, and new areas to explore: the volcanic Magma Chamber, the claustrophobic Underworld, and the mechanical Mystical Workshop. Each has expanded on the menagerie of monsters available for players to track down and tame, and added new gameplay opportunities to explore. The full launch of Monster Sanctuary in December will see further content for players to explore as they embark on an epic adventure.
– Overcome and collect beasts: Creatures great and small are available to collect and battle and can be upgraded via deep skill trees
– Become the best Monster Keeper: A mysterious force threatens the peace between monsters and humans, and players will unravel these secrets through the story
– Battle in tactical 3v3 combat: Player rosters of monsters can fight AI or other players in a turn-based 3v3 system, using elemental attacks and combos to devastating effect
– Discover a deep Metroidvania world: From the depths of the Underworld to the heights of the Snowy Peaks, there is plenty to explore, and hidden areas to uncover using monster skills
– Items and gear aplenty: Players will find a plethora of useful items on their journey, which may even open new avenues of navigation.
Pricing for Monster Sanctuary is set at $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99.
Source: Team17 PR