Nintendo shares some secrets about the Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.
Posted on November 13, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News
The new Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. device has a number of secrets hidden inside. On social media yesterday, Nintendo offered a glimpse at some of the little touches that the average user may not be aware of.
Here’s the full roundup:
– Finish Super Mario Bros. and you’ll unlock hard mode, with different enemies appearing; in the original game, hard mode was only available until you turned off the Nintendo Entertainment System
– Unlock Infinite Mario mode in Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels by holding the A button at the title screen
– Press and hold the A button for more than 5 seconds on the title screen of the Ball game to play as Luigi
– 35 special events are included in the Digital Clock
– 7:00 AM/PM – Monty Mole appears from the ground and runs around
– 1:11 AM/PM – 3 Bloopers appear and swim up to the top of screen
– 5:55 AM/PM – Blocks showing the time change to coins
The Game & Watch systems first released in 1980. While Super Mario is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year, Game & Watch is now 40.