No Man’s Sky “Holiday 2023 Expeditions” update out now (version 4.46), patch notes
Hello Games has put out one last update for No Man’s Sky to end 2023, and players can now access “Holiday 2023 Expeditions” – or version 4.46.
Expeditions are happening in new sections of the universe, “offering explorers another opportunity to experience these stories and events and earn exclusive rewards.” Players can also find community favorite Cartographers from 2021 as a limited run. We also have to mention that Hello Games has made even more visual improvements for the Switch version.
Here’s the full rundown of the update:
No Man’s Sky “Holiday 2023 Expeditions” update version 4.46 patch notes
Holiday 2023 Expeditions
- Utopia: 8th Dec – 15th Dec
Work together with other Travellers to rebuild an abandoned solar system for the mysterious Utopia Foundation. Utopia welcomes all contributors to our ambitious new communal habitation project!
- Singularity: 15th Dec – 22nd Dec
Begin to unveil the history and origin of the harmonic camps in this precursor to Echoes. A mystery that touches upon artificial intelligence, the will to exist, and the very nature of what it means to be alive.
- Cartographers: 22nd Dec – 29th Dec
Awaken stranded on the fiery planet of Coul Major, and deeply explore its surface as you work to repair your bespoke starship.
- Voyagers: 29th Dec – 8th Jan
A relaxing journey of exploration, encouraging Travellers to seek out remarkable worlds, reach planetary summits and oceanbeds, and catalogue your findings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the starting Multi-Tool to be green instead of orange.
- Fixed a rare issue that could allow frigates to attempt to call the player when they were not in a starship.
- Fixed an issue that caused Multi-Tools to appear too small within the UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Quicksilver Synthesis Companion to be difficult to interact with.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause multiple “Current Mission” paths to draw on the Galaxy Map.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to summon the Space Anomaly in inappropriate locations.
- Fixed a number of issues with the Multi-Tool reload animation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ByteBeat songs and message module messages from being correctly uploaded as part of a base.
- A multiplayer status message is now sent when feeding a creature.
- Upgraded the Havok implementation to 2023.
- Support has been added for Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian and Ukrainian text in multiplayer chat.
- Introduced a significant visual improvement to particle rendering on Nintendo Switch.
- Introduced a number of signification visual improvements and performance optimisations for FSR2 on Switch.
- Fixed a number of visual issues when taking screenshots in Photo Mode on Switch.
- Introduced a significant memory optimisation.
- Introduced an optimisation for player animations.
- Fixed a crash related to networking.
- Fixed a rare crash related to the node hierarchy.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when quitting to the save select screen.
- Fixed a rare crash related to animation.
- Fixed a rare crash related to metadata loading.
- Fixed a number of rare crashes related to memory allocation.
All players on Switch can download the No Man’s Sky “Holiday 2023 Expeditions” update (version 4.46) now.