Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty launches for Switch on October 27
Oddworld Inhabitants has set a Switch release date for the puzzle-platformer Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. The game will launch on October 27, the company revealed today.
Here’s an overview of Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, along with a trailer:
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty is a ground-up remake of the seminal puzzle-platforming adventure, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee. Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty recreates the atmosphere of the much-beloved classic in a gorgeous HD aesthetic that caters to the modern gamer’s sensibilities. The game’s protagonist, Abe, is a hapless, clumsy schmuck. He doesn’t want to be a savior, and he never thought he could be hero. But One day he stumbles upon a ghastly plan to convert him and his coworkers into delicious meaty snacks and knows he must escape. Once free from immediate danger, he discovers he has a greater destiny and must return to free his kind from slavery. While new ‘n’ Tasty is a remake of a beloved classic, it uses none of the original assets. It is entirely rebuilt from the ground up to appeal to modern players with updated control schemes and stunning HD visuals!
– Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty is a completely re-made vision of Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
– Puzzle platformer with two control schemes which appeal to modern gamers while also providing for those who prefer a more digital approach
– Gorgeously imagined 3D environments that add depth to the side-on 2D gameplay
– Innovative gamespeak system that allows communication with NPCs, audio password input, issuing commands, and much more
– HD rumble gives the player more immersion during tense Chase sequences and at times of extreme danger
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty will be sold on Switch both physically and digitally.