Orangepixel bringing a bunch of games to Switch, Meganoid due out first in September
Posted on August 24, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Orangepixel today announced that it has “a dozen” games in store for Switch. Meganoid, a challenging platformer, kicks things off on September 8. Additional titles will follow later.
Here’s some information about Meganoid as well as a trailer:
The Meganoid is a dreadnought spaceship saving humanity with a colonization mission, but lately it has been seeing some problems happening, with technicians turning into mind-controlled goons. And the ship is in need of a hero to go deep into the ship and find the cause of these problems. Meganoid is part of the Orangepixel Game universe, tying together all the Orangepixel games into a single story line. See the timeline here: https://www.orangepixel.net/about/.
Meganoid comes with the following features:
– Levels randomly generated on every game session, based on a set of templates, making the levels unique but instilling a sense of familiarity at the same time.
– Roguelike elements; Consumables, alternate routes, procedural generation, and many devices and gadgets add depth to the challenging gameplay.
– RPG elements; A lot of collectible items that will change the main character’s abilities to navigate the world. Find a jetpack to start flying around, find anti-gravity-boots to perform double jumps, and much more.
– Alternate paths to take. Find hidden bonus area’s to unlock, often providing you with a short-cut or very rare and powerful items to enhance your character.
– A hackable game world. Finding green key-cards allows you to modify how certain elements of the game act and respond to you. Stop rocket-launchers from working, make rockets fly less far, make destroyed robots drop extra lives.
– Unlock the build-in database with info on all the items and enemies you encounter to be better prepared on your next try.
Meganoid will cost $8.99 on the Switch eShop.