Paper Animal RPG confirmed for Switch
Posted on September 10, 2022 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Paper Animal RPG landed on Kickstarter this week, and has already secured full funding having surpassed its goal of roughly $40,000. In the process, a Switch version has been confirmed.
The game, developed by Cuddling Raccoons Studio, is a roguelite RPG with a real-time tile-based battle system. Here’s some additional information:
Paper Animal RPG is a cute roguelike game where you can explore a colorful world, fight scary enemies and relax with your friends at the campfire! The game is inspired by and pays homage to the Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi as well as the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series.
Once upon a time, there was a small village, which was inhabited by many animals of all colors and sizes. The village was ruled by a kind king, who reigned with grace and maintained the order between the animals. One day, the king suddenly disappeared!
A few days later, the village fell into despair and the once so cheerful days seemed gone forever. In the midst of chaos a group of brave adventurers emerged, determined to find the whereabouts of the king!
- Procedurally generated maps!
- 6 adorable characters, specializing in power, utility and defense!
- A bunch of consumable items. Once you stole a cookpot from an enemy camp you can combine them and experiment with the results!
- Equip and upgrade skills suited to a character’s role and customize your playstyle!
- Find stickers that grant passive abilities – if you get lucky you can even find more powerful, holographic ones!
- Defeat mean bosses, which have each an alternative stronger version when you start a Rewind Run!
- Classic Mode is too hard? Try Casual Mode, which features tweaked gameplay settings for an easier experience!
- Compete against other players for a global online highscore who played with the same generation seed as you in Tournament Mode!
- Numerous unlockable achievements, which guide you to explore all aspects of the game!
You can get a closer look at the game via the trailer we have below.
The Kickstarter for Paper Animal RPG has a number of weeks remaining, and you can contribute here – rewards even include a physical version. Right now there’s no word on a release window, but we’ll keep you updated with additional status updates in the future.