Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl update out now (version 1.2.0), patch notes
A new 1.2.0 update has just gone live for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl. It includes a maximum player expansion for Union Rooms, a new Colosseum battle feature, and more.
Below are the full patch notes for the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl version 1.2.0 update:
- Union Room functions have been expanded.
- The maximum number of players you can play with via local or internet communication in Union Rooms has been increased to eight. Also, by selecting Greeting or Capsule Decorations, you can show each other your Trainer Cards or Capsule Decorations.
- Additional Colosseum battle feature has been added.
- Enter the Colosseum on the 2nd floor of a Pokémon Center to battle with other players using custom rulesets.
- In the Colosseum, you can set rules, such as the number of Pokémon to send into battle as well as their levels, and play Single Battles, Double Battles, or Multi Battles via local or internet communication.
- Pokémon Trading and Battles
- Some Pokémon acquired via unintended methods or illicit modification now cannot be used in Link Trades or Link Battles.
- Fixed some issues for more pleasant gameplay.
The last patch for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl, version 1.1.3, dropped in December. However, that update was merely about fixing a few issues. No new features or major improvements were included.
All players can download the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl 1.2.0 update now. Both games are available for Switch, and the official site can be found here.