Puzzle platformer Space Otter Charlie hitting Switch in March
Posted on February 25, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The puzzle-platformer Space Otter Charlie is on the way to Switch, The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild and Wayward Distractions announced today. A digital release is set for March 18.
Here’s an overview of Space Otter Charlie, along with a trailer:
With humanity gone, it’s up to the otters to save animal-kind from an inhospitable Earth. Join Charlie and his ragtag crew of critters on a daring mission through Otter Space as they search for a new planet to call home. Explore derelict space stations, battle unhinged robots, and enjoy some otterly terrific puns as you jump, float, and fly through over a dozen levels of furry fun.
Zero gravity gives classic puzzle platforming a whole new twist. Anything that’s not bolted down floats freely, making for a plethora of fresh new puzzles and predicaments. On your way, you’ll find plans to craft all kinds of gear, from jetpacks to ray guns – even a foam shark suit?! It all helps you on your quest for a furrier future!
– Zero-G Platforming – Turn your brain upside down as you jump, float, and rocket your way through physics-fueled levels.
– Cool Gear and Upgrades – Craft new gear and unlock new space otter skills from parts you find along the way. Pull out your Reflector Ray to ricochet your shots around corners or leave a path of destruction as you slide through enemies with the Electric Slide. From Jetpacks to missile launchers, Charlie’s got all the coolest toys.
– Wacky Space Suits – Sure, an otter’s gotta wear a suit to survive the deadly vacuum of space, but he can still look great (and CUTE) doing it! Plans for new suits are hidden through the game – each with a fun new look and its own unique and powerful weapon! Want to see an otter wearing a shark suit? Charlie’s got you covered.
– Action-Packed Multiplayer – Looking for more action? Battle your friends in frantic 4-player arenas. Fight for food supremacy in So Urchin mode, or just let the fur fly in a Furry Fury deathmatch.
– Become an Otternaut – Just how many hairs are in a square inch of sea otter fur? Dazzle your friends with this knowledge and more as you uncover all kinds of fun facts about sea otters hidden throughout the game.
– Fun for Everyone – packed with action, puzzles, and a healthy dose of cute, Space Otter Charlie is designed for all ages to enjoy.
Space Otter Charlie will be available for Switch via the eShop.
Source: The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild PR