Sumikko Gurashi the Movie game coming to Switch
Nippon Columbia today announced Sumikko Gurashi the Movie: The Pop-Up Book and the Secret Child – Let’s Play the Worlds of Picture Books in a Game. The original Japanese name is Eiga Sumikko Gurashi: Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko – Game de Asobou! Ehon no Sekai.
Here’s everything we know thus far:
– Eiga Sumikko Gurashi: Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko is an animated movie premiering in Japanese theaters on November 8
– The movie features a new story supervised by the Sumikko Gurashi team, where “the Sumikko take you on an adventure inside picture books”
– The video game adaptation of this movie, Eiga Sumikko Gurashi the Movie: Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko – Game de Asobou! Ehon no Sekai, is a party game created with the concept that “everyone can play”
– 20 comical and unconventional mini-games based in the worlds of picture books such as Momotaro, Little Red Riding Hood, Arabian Nights, The Little Mermaid, and The Little Match Girl
– Every mini-game can be played with a single Joy-Con and supports up to four players
– By playing mini-games, you can receive puzzle pieces as prizes, which can be placed on a jigsaw puzzle
– Each jigsaw puzzle depicts a notable scene from the movie
– Take apart and redo a completed jigsaw puzzle at any time to see how fast you can complete it
– In the world of each picture book, the Sumikko will wear costumes representing that world
– The new “chick?” character from the movie will also appear in the game
Sumikko Gurashi the Movie: The Pop-Up Book and the Secret Child – Let’s Play the Worlds of Picture Books in a Game is slated for November 17 in Japan. Pricing is set at 4,800 yen.