The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel out on Switch next week
The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel has secured a final release date on Switch. It will initially launch digitally on December 15, publisher Eastasiasoft and developer Yang Yang Mobile announced today.
We have the following overview of The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel from Eastasiasoft:
When seven people fall prey to a vicious curse, they discover that the true threat rests not within the shadows, but within their own hearts and minds. The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel is an interactive horror-themed drama inspired by classic Asian horror films. Told through an immersive branching narrative, the game casts players in the ever-shifting roles of seven characters as they find themselves entangled in a mystery that’s plagued Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
The choices you make will shape and drive the story forward. Will you mend a relationship on the verge of collapse, or will you let it fall apart? Will you risk saving someone despite the consequences you could face or leave them to meet a gruesome end? Beyond the horror themes of The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel, there is heavy emphasis on character development and interaction. The fate of each of these individuals is in your hands.
- Discover a sprawling narrative of more than 700,000 words!
- Make key decisions that directly impact the story’s course.
- Play as 7 different characters, each with unique motives and personality.
- Explore more than 80 backdrops, 100 CGs and 50 epilogue variations!
- Customize your experience with optional quick-time events and English voiceovers.
- Enjoy animated sprites and scenes that breathe life into your surroundings.
- Utilize a journal feature that jots down clues and tracks events in chronological order.
In case you missed it previously, we have a trailer for The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel below.
The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel will debut digitally on Switch. We have information about a physical version that’s planned here.
Find the game’s official site here.