Triggerheart Exelica coming to Switch this December
Posted on September 21, 2023 by Nicolas in News, Switch eShop
Publisher Cosmo Machia has just announced that their latest shoot ’em up game Triggerheart Exelica will be landing on Switch later this year. The title will be made available on the system starting December 14.
Triggerheart Exelica seems to be an enhanced port of the 2006 arcade game of the same name. On top of the Arcade and Story modes, the game will also offer new features such as training, vertical screen, and online rankings modes. You’ll also be able to listen to the game’s music in a new sound mode, which will feature additional arranged music.
For more information, you can check a story synopsis and character descriptions for Triggerheart Exelica below.
Far away… In a system so distant that the light from its stars will never reach Earth… A war was drawing to a close
Exelica and Crueltear—humanoid weapons system called Triggerhearts developed by C.H.I.L.D.A., an interplanetary defense organization—were sent to join the fight against the autonomous combat unit known as the Ver’mith.
In the midst of the battle, just as they had taken the upper hand over the Ver’mith, Exelica and Crueltear were accidentally sent to Earth using an emergency teleportation gate activated by the Ver’mith.
Finding themselves on an unknown planet and without the strength to return home, the injured Triggerhearts were despondent as they did not even have the means to learn the outcome of the battle.
They had just about recovered from their wounds and had finally begun to consider Earth as a haven… when it happened.
A nightmarish vision filled the sky. The remains of the Ver’mith forces had arrived. The gate had re-opened…
Although the Ver’mith forces had departed at the same time as Exelica and Crueltear, the gate’s instability had caused a lag in their arrival.
The Ver’mith had chosen Earth as their new base of operations. The invasion had begun. Exelica and Crueltear knew they had no choice but to fight to protect their new home.
- Exelica (voiced by Shiho Kawaragi)
- Shot Type: Wide Shot
- Movement Speed: Standard Maneuvering Type
- Anchor Towing Speed: Slow Speed
- A Triggerheart—a humanoid weapons system developed by C.H.I.L.D.A. The smallest and newest model of Triggerheart. An almost human personality combined with an impressive arsenal makes her the ultimate weapon in the war against the Ver’mith.
- Crueltear (voiced by Kozue Shimizu)
- Shot Type: Linear Shot
- Movement Speed: High Speed Maneuvering Type
- Anchor Towing Speed: High Speed
- A Triggerheart implanted with an artificial personality as Exelica’s sister. Her movement speed and some other specs exceed those of her sister. She tends to be slightly hot-headed.
- Faintear (voiced by Yuuko Ishibashi)
- Shot Type: ???
- Movement Speed: ???
- Anchor Towing Speed: ???
- A mysterious enemy who appears before Exelica and Crueltear.
You can watch the roughly 35 minute presentation for Triggerheart Exelica here:
Triggerheart Exelica will release on Switch December 14 in Japan, while it seems to be currently scheduled for release at the end of 2023 elsewhere in the world. You can check out the game’s official website here.