A new wave of gameplay is in for the Switch version of Virgo Versus The Zodiac. Earlier this week, the sci-fi/fantasy JRPG debuted on Switch.
Learn more about it in the following overview:
Virgo Versus The Zodiac is a sci-fi/fantasy JRPG with a focus on memorable characters and unique combat mechanics in which you play as an obsessed villain.
The game features traditional turn-based combat with real-time execution of moves: blocking, countering and timing your attacks carefully as well as predicting your foes’ moves is essential to succeed in your cosmic quest.
In this galaxy where every action means a reaction, you’ll play as Virgo, the Holy Queen (often called Dreadful Queen by heretics). Guide Virgo as she embarks upon a twisted and unforgiving cosmic quest to bring back the Golden Age, a period of peace, symmetry and balance–or so she thinks. Bring mayhem to the Zodiac Realms and leave a trail of stardust on your way, all to help others conform to Virgo’s excessively righteous worldview and see the light.
- A unique turn based combat system featuring timed-actions and counterattacks.
- No random encounters: every fight is a unique challenge designed specifically for the player.
- A focus on exploration and discovery, with multiple endings.
- Zodiac Memories: peer behind the veil to explore the backstories of the Zodiacs!
- Boss Rush Mode: face off against all of the game’s bosses in a gauntlet that will test your mastery and combat abilities.
- Take the dangerous route and fight off the Space Reptiles in an optional Action Filled Shoot’em Up Minigame!
- And, above all: riding alpacas!
Come see the gameplay for Virgo Versus The Zodiac on Switch below.
Virgo Versus The Zodiac is up on the Switch eShop. It supports English, Japanese, and Korean.