Whateverland was one of the many titles that launched on Switch this week, and gameplay is now available. We’re able to see 42 minutes of footage.
Those interested in learning more can check out the following overview:
Vincent is a skilled thief who decides to steal a precious necklace from a mansion of a lonely old woman named Beatrice. His plan would have gone perfectly well, but when she catches him red-handed, she turns out to be an ancient, powerful witch.
As a punishment, Beatrice sends him to the parallel world she has created, where the witch traps those she considers her enemies. The first inhabitants of this bizarre world called it Whateverland, and since then it kind of stuck.
Vincent teams up with a charming, yet a little annoying ghost named Nick, and together they have to find their way out.
Are they going to make it? That’s for you to decide!
– A not so classic point-n-click.
– You can steal stuff. Or not – it’s your call.
– Your actions define the ending and what people think of you.
– The most annoying sidekick in the universe. (We still love you, Nick)
– You can talk to people. Not sure they’re gonna talk to you though.
– Turn-based strategy sport simulator included in the game. With magic.
– Loads of mini-games. At least 2.
– Beautiful hand-drawn art style.
Find the gameplay for Whateverland on Switch below.
Whateverland is now available on Switch. It includes English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese language options.